A Little Bit of Me

This blog is to share a Little Bit of me, my life my work and my interests.

Tuesday 4 September 2012

Holidays and more

Well, I am coming to the end of 10 days holiday which began on Bank Holiday Monday. This gave me the opportunity to go to a Boot Fair at Warlingham. I spent an hour and a half browsing the many stalls and picked up a few bargains including a brand new One for All digital tv aerial for £3.50 and a craft book for 50p. I spent the afternoon finishing off some cards (pictures are attached).

Tuesday I took mum to Hove for a few hours it was lovely and sunny but there was a strong breeze. Early Tuesday evening I travelled to Tring to watch the Paralympic Torch Relay, it was a great
Night with plenty of community spirit, even if the torch was nearly 2 hours late!! I finally got to bed at 2am.

Wednesday mum and I went to the Harvester at Addington Village the rest of the day I spent decorating some
Notebooks for the Christmas Fair at Stanford le Hope Salvation Army.

Thursday was a day of shopping with
Mum, also helping her with some cleaning that she needed doing, then in the evening I did some more crafting.

Friday was a mostly stop at home day, although we did go to Pizza Hut for lunch during the Happy Hour, there was so much food we bought some home for supper.

Saturday I had the opportunity to spend some time at on of my favourite craft shops-The Craft Barn at Lingfield I then went on to Edenbridge to yet another Boot Fair and a few more bargains including a machine that makes hot chocolate and delicious milk shakes for the costly price of £3 and it was brand new.

Saturday evening mum and I visited my cousin and her family, I took my makes with me and sold some of the items including cards and notebooks. I have to say the cakes we indulged in we're absolutely massive but most enjoyable.

Sunday I travelled
To Bournemouth to stop with a friend who has recently had major surgery and I have spent a few relaxing days there returning to Stanford tomorrow evening.

This Saturday I will be commencing training to be a Chair Based Exercise Leader, so there are a busy few weeks ahead, which will include the Salvation Army Big collection door to door appeal, Harvest Celebrations and planning activities for the forthcoming year. I also commence a Fresh Expressions of Church course later this month.

No comments: