A Little Bit of Me

This blog is to share a Little Bit of me, my life my work and my interests.

Saturday 30 June 2012

Time for a catch up!!!

I have at last found time to update my blog. The last two weeks have been pretty manic and a lot of travelling has been done.
Firstly I have spent 4 days at Willersley Castle in Matlock Derbyshire. The course I attended was arranged by the Salvation Army and entitled Live Laugh Love and was based around Women in Ministry. It was a really good course and it was good to catch up with folk I hadn't seen for a little while. On the Wednesday afternoon I had the opportunity to go abseiling, this was a new experience for me but what a sense of achievement when the abseil was complete. We began on a 20 foot rock and then moved on to a 70 foot drop. I admit I was a little apprehensive but it was a great experience. I now belong to the ' I can do it' club.
I returned home on Thursday evening managed to do some washing before travelling bak up the M1 on Friday morning this time to Swanwick in Derbyshire. This time I took 4 ladies from my Church, we were attending WOW Women of Worth Conference which was part of the Salvation Army United in Mission conference. It was an excellent weekend, the highlight being Abby Guiness performing her Word of the Wives show. If you would like to know more about Abby just google her name. We returned back to Stanford Sunday evening.
Monday saw me travelling to Welwyn Garden City for a day of training on Equality and Diversity. When the course finished I had the privilege of travelling to Stotfold and visited some very dear friends for the evening. It was good to spend time with Emma, Mandy and Tim Lockey.
Just for a change Tuesday was a fairly normal day. In many ways it was good to spend some time in and around Stanford.
Wednesday morning arrived and yet another journey on the M25 and M1, this time to Hothorpe Hall in Theddingworth, Leicestershire. I had the privilege of attending the NCD Natural Church Development. This was a really good course and helped me to see the way forward for my Church, there will be a lot of work involved but it will be worth it in the end. The course finished Friday after lunch, on my way back down the M1 I called in to see some friends in Tring, it was good to see Ted, Margaret, Paul and Hazel. Many thanks for the ice cream Paul.
Life is now returning to normal for a few days cleaning washing and ironing!!!
Tomorrow is the Stanford Festival so I'll try and show you some photos of the tomorrow.
I have included a few photos of the last couple of weeks I hope you enjoy them.

No comments: