A Little Bit of Me

This blog is to share a Little Bit of me, my life my work and my interests.

Sunday 3 March 2013

We're does time go?

I cannot believe that I have not posted on here for just over two months. I have to say I just don't know where the time goes.

Life in Stanford le Hope is fairly busy and full of variety. Of eat Church is good, the Parent and Toddler Groups are thriving, in fact we are at the stage where we will have to start a waiting list for both groups. We held a Film and Pancake Night on Shrove Tuesday, we watch the film It's your Move starring Eric Sykes, Richard Briers and many others. I have to say I have never heard so much laughter.

Next Saturday Night we are holding a quiz night at 7pm, and then on Sunday we are holding a Songs of Praise for Mothering Sunday at 3pm. On 16 March we have our Easter fair, and so we are busy preparing for this. If you look at the attached photos you will see the swan I have made for this event.

I have not made many cards recently, apart from the ones for the Craft Group, I have attached these so you can see what we have been up to.

I received some sad news just over two weeks ago, one of the founding craft members at Tring had died. Mary Shaw not my attended the craft group, but she also taught me patchwork and quilting, and so in tribute other I have commenced a patchwork quilt, hopefully it will not remain an unfinished object but I will find the time to complete it. Mary also spent a lot of time stitching squares together to make blankets for people in Kosova, I would thing that over the last 9 years she has stitched several hundred blankets together and I am sure she will be be greatly missed.

At the end of January I attended a course with the Salvation Army, this was a Vocational Development Pathway workshop. This was an extremely helpful and useful time, and many good things have come out of the course, the two main things being I have now got a prayer partner Whois a great support to me, and I ope I am to her, the seconds thing is I have now arranged for a Mentor who I will meet once a month, to discuss things through with.

So as you can see there are exciting days ahead!

















No comments: