A Little Bit of Me

This blog is to share a Little Bit of me, my life my work and my interests.

Tuesday 14 August 2012

Catch up, Emergency and Cards

Although not necessarily in that order!
Firstly although. I haven't had a lot of time to do much crafting, I was asked to make a special card for a Golden Wedding Anniversary, it ended up being a card with a box and a gift bag to put it in.

I have been getting a lot of things ready to sell on EBay, my intention was to start listing them over the weekend and early this week. But the plan didn't exactly pan out as I expected.

On Sunday a fire started in Dagenham one of the largest fires in the area for forty years. The Salvation Army was quick to respond and an Emergency Catering Vehicle on site in next to no time. I was privileged to serve on Vehicle for two shifts. The first been on Monday morning from 6-8:30am. I have added a picture of sunrise over Stanford at 5:30am also a few photos of the emergency vehicle.
I managed to grab a few hours sleep before getting on with other work that needed doing.

On Monday evening I received a phone call at 6 asking if I could help out during the night. I started my second shift at 11:30pm and got back home at 5am. I don't know how many cups of tea and coffee i have served over the last 24 hours but I do know the firefighters and other emergency personnel were very appreciative of all that was done for them. The rest of the day I have spent sleeping, getting some prep done and attending Corringham Park Fun Day. Nobody could say that I have a boring life can they?

No comments: